Sunday, June 19, 2011

Birba Palm Springs



I love Birba and it's also a fitting icon for this simple and chic outdoor restaurant on North Palm Canyon Drive.  In this food wasteland- and after six years of living here I'm still befuddled by the lack of decent restaurants- pops up this small cafe specializing in thin crust pizza and salads.  I mean, so simple, right?  Marco and Tara, also the owners of Cheeky's and the Peppertree Inn, bring their food sensibility and just a dash of Italy to this uptown block.  It's not without its flaws-  the roasted chicken should be left on the farm and the decomposed granite in the garden creates a dusty mess on the patio (get the artificial turf, Marco!)- but that said, it's the hottest thing going in Palm Springs right now without any attitude at the front door. I'll be singing its praises until they tell me to leave (I drank there last night and I'm returning tonight for dinner with friends).  PS:  The boy watching is best after sundown and do get a cozy spot on the bench in the garden.

1 comment: