Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Melrose Market, Seattle

Sitka & Spruce

Smoked salmon

Almond garlic soup

Braised lamb belly with poached egg


The best “gift” that comes from traveling and exploring is finding the unexpected, and for me it’s a very special gift if it has to do with food.  This past weekend in Seattle I stumbled across Melrose Market, a collection of purveyors and small restaurants in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. There I found chef Matt Dillon’s Sitka & Spruce where the almond and garlic soup and smoked northwestern salmon made the finest dinner of the trip, and where I returned for the braised lamb belly and poached egg over fava beans and asparagus for breakfast two days later.  I also made a quick stop at Homegrown for oatmeal and a bacon and egg sandwich with Stumptown Roast coffee before heading off to the airport.  This marketplace is a must-see for foodies and not to be missed on your next visit to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment