Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Frances

Frances-  17th St in The Castro

House rose-  Served and paid for "as you drink"

Beet and arugula salad with buttermilk blue

White corn chowder with lime scented sea salt

California king salmon

Peach friand


I could wax on with superlatives about my dinner last Saturday at Frances, but let me just write a few words and leave the rest of it to the photos and chef Melissa Perello's accolades.

This is the best bistro meal I've eaten all year.  The sublime and simple tastes in each of the dishes I had were remarkable:  shaved buttermilk blue cheese over beets, the crunchy lime scented sea salt in the white corn soup, and the meyer lemon gremolata with the fresh California king salmon.

Frances is worthy of all the awards and attention it's received and I deem it:  not to be missed!

Bon Appetit.

Frances
3870 17th St.
San Francisco
California 94114

1 comment: